CNM PRESS RELEASE: 12th October 2005
I’m sure you are aware of what happened in Asia on the 8th October 2005. The CNM under supervision of our International Student Affairs Manager, Dr Nadeem Iqbal, has decided to help those in need and this is what has been achieved so far.
- 10 medical doctors have already left for Pakistan and India to help.
- 50,000 has been raised and sent to buy mainly medicine, food, tents etc.
- Five CNM lecturers, students and graduates (with more to follow) are leaving for Pakistan and India on Friday.
- CNM has ensured security with assurances from the Pakistani and Indian governments.
- CNM has gained support from the Pakistani Embassy, British MPs and leading authorities in Asia.
- Homeopathic remedies have been provided by English companies free-of-charge.
- We have linked with our friends from the Naturopathic Associations in India and Pakistan, which the CNM is recognised by (Hamdard University)
- Some CNM lecturers are donating part of their lecture fees towards the CNM South Asia Earthquake Relief Fund.
- CNM graduates are donating 440.00 for a plane ticket to Pakistan/India.
- The CNM has also donated a substantial amount towards the CNM South Asia Earthquake Relief Fund
According to the President of Pakistan, what is need most are food, tents, blankets and medicines.
FEED A FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONE MONTH: 100.00
PROVIDE 10 BLANKETS: 70.00
PROVIDE ONE TENT HOUSE (HOUSES 7 PEOPLE): 110.00
Please donate what you can. If you want to help we offer you two options:
- Visit South Asia yourself to help those in need
- Donate funds to save the victims’ lives
The CNM has established a special account in conjunction with the ANP
(Association of Naturopathic Practitioners)
Account Name: ANP
Sort code: 20-24-64
Account No: 20194115 (Barclays Bank, Croydon)
SOUTH ASIA EARTHQUAKE APPEAL
Please make cheques payable to ANP and send to:
ANP UK, Coombe Hurst, Coombe Hill Road, East Grinstead
West Sussex RH19 4LZ
If you would like to find out more about how you can help the CNM please contact Dr Nadeem Iqbal at firstname.lastname@example.org , or call us at 01342 410 505.
The Association of Naturopathic Practitioners maintains a directory of CAM Practitioners, and provides resources in accreditation, education, courses, contacts, referrals, advice, insurance, and support to the Naturopath practicing in the UK, Ireland, and Europe. The ANP’s aims are to:
- Enlighten the public upon Naturopathic practice, occupation and treatment
- Act in the best interests of our members
- Further educate practitioners and students of Naturopathy and to inform lay persons by way of lectures and courses
- Advocate, encourage and promote free development of the
- Naturopath according to individual abilities
- Educate about, encourage, and promote development of Naturopathy
- Co-operate with like-minded individuals, groups and associations